Nothing but a Hammer and a Pot
Sometimes, you’ll notice that a video game doesn’t need the latest stunning graphics or many gaming mechanics to appeal to the public. Having fun comes from your experience when you’re learning something new and overcoming obstacles.
This article shows the different aspects that make “Getting Over It” appealing to the community.
Getting Over It Features
Easy to Learn, Hard to Master: From the start, you’ll notice that you’re moving a man within a pot that aids himself with a hammer. As a result, you learn how to swing around and push/pull from different surfaces. Even though it “looks” easy on paper, it takes a lot of time to understand how it works. Sometimes, by mistake, you could pull yourself out while climbing and lose some of your progress. Still, the more you play the game, the more you realize how to overcome any obstacle.
Lots of Philosophical Comments: As you move along the “mountain,” you’ll find yourself listening to different observations from Bennet Foddy, the developer. Overall, with a soft voice, the narrator tries to give you explanations about parts of the game. Subsecuentially, you’ll get reactions from events that tend to appear as you try to climb. Above all, having something “unique” like these comments might give you the courage to reach the finish line.
Overcome Your Frustrations: Mostly, the whole point of the game is to reach the highest point. Depending on your gaming experience (or even luck), it could take half an hour or even days. Indeed, you’ll notice soon enough that the slightest mistake will cost you a lot, and you’ll fall off, losing tons of progress. Most noteworthy, the effect it has on any player is why some video games turn famous. Sometimes, it looks funny when a player loses their mind and loses some progress. Still, you’ll have tons of fun when you try it.
Replayability in Mind: Reaching the highest spot and completing the game is only a milestone in this game. After a while, you might feel like you could make a better “run” and take less time to reach the ending. Simultaneously, you can even brag to your friends as you show them how much time you take in a gaming session.
No Need for an Internet Connection: After you have started the game, no more files are needed while you are playing the video game.Therefore, when you have a little time to burn, you can try without the need to connect to any server. In other words, you can pause your progress without worrying that you’ll get any punishment.
Mobile: When you have the opportunity to download any video game in your app store, you know some of its advantages. For example, you can use your mobile device to play anytime, anywhere. At the same time, you can even give a little tease to your friends when you give them a chance to try the video game.
Overcome your challenges, and then give this game a try! Good luck!
Even though some video games have a higher learning curve, nothing is impossible. Furthermore, it never hurts to have extra knowledge about overcoming multiple challenges.
This article will give you multiple hints and tricks to ease the experience as you climb to victory.
Learning How to Get over It
● Master the Ways of the Hammer: Before you start any virtual climbing, it is recommendable that you learn how the hammer works. Learn how to move the tool around, how it interacts with the environment, and the way it gives you movement. When you have the basics, you can start experimenting with different parts of the game and even provide you with assistance to stop a fall.
● Rethink Before Doing Something Risky: Sometimes, you’ll see an innocent little jump between two obstacles, and you go with it. But, without the necessary precautions, you could lose a lot of progress. Overall, it happens when you feel confident and you’re moving too fast between different biomes. Even though you want to see the ending, it doesn’t hurt if you take a breather around any obstacle.
● Double Check the Attributes of the Upcoming Terrain: As you begin to see an increase in your climbing ability, you’ll notice tons of terrain changes. For example, the ground appears with ice, and you see more “white” than before. In a game like Getting Over It, this isn’t just an aesthetic change as you climb through. Sometimes, the developers add more difficulty layers when you experience movement changes. As a result, take a little time to experiment with these slight changes before practicing risky moves.
● Execution is the Key: More than once in our lifetime; we get better rewards when we tend to elaborate complex plans and solve challenging puzzles. This approach doesn’t often work in a game like Getting Over It. Even though you see possible routes to overcome obstacles, you might easily fall. Still, the more you keep playing the video game, the easier it becomes to move and jump around.
● Take a Break if You Start to Become Frustrated: Even though the whole point of this game is to make you reach that boiling point, you can easily avoid it. You can always stop the gaming sessions and ease your mind with something else when things go sour. For example, you can take a nap and try it the next day.
● Look for Answers over the Internet: When you reach that point that no matter what you do, you end up falling, it is recommendable to look for solutions elsewhere. Since the video game is popular, you can find many playthroughs showing you how to climb. Furthermore, you can avoid future mistakes when you see different playstyles.
Remember that you aren’t participating in any race to complete the game as fast as possible. When Getting Over It turns into something complex, you can always take a break and come back at a later date. Never give up! Good Luck!
Wild Kratts Rescue Run
Pocket Chibi - Anime Dress Up
Furious Car Driver 3D
150+ Solitaire Card Games Pack
Block Craft 3D：Building Game
Mario Kart Tour
Attack Hole - Black Hole Games
SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run
Candy Crush Friends Saga
Animal Hair Salon Australia
A Dance of Fire and Ice
Five Nights at Freddy's
Squid Survival Challenge Games
Feel to write your feelings or reasons for recommending the site or the games we recommend, and we'll show the best reviews here!
If you have something to say about this app and make your own review - write to us. We are looking for talented app reviewers!BECOME A CRITIC
1. Welcome to Gamebass.com! We are a professional game evaluation platform, we update trending and interesting games every day! Gamebass elaborately selects games for you, through our platform you will get the information of each game easily, including Scenes, characters, game prices, etc. Our games are selected from the most popular game developers.
2. We provide official links to games, including APK downloads for some free games. All Apk versions provided by this platform have passed the VirusTotal security scan, assure there are safe and reliable. In addition, we also provide various official links, including the Amazon store, Google Play official store, and iOS official store.
3. We will regularly select the current trending games to shoot gameplay videos for players. With these videos, you could truley get the fun of these games more quickly and intuitively.